Several puppies killed in Wadena shed fire

The fire broke out Tuesday, April 19 in a shed used to house newly bred puppies.

fire pic

WADENA, Minn. — Firefighters say they belive a heat lamp is to blame for a fire that destroyed a shed and killed an undisclosed number of puppies following a fire in Leaf River Township on Tuesday, April 19.

The Wadena Fire Department responded to 17419 141st Avenue around 1 p.m. and observed a small outbuilding shed fully engulfed. Fire personnel were able to quickly extinguish the fire, though the shed was a total loss, according to a Wadena Fire Department news release.

An additional shed adjacent to the outbuilding shed also received damage to an exterior wall due to the wind. The shed was being used to house puppies that were recently bred.

Related Topics: FIRES
What To Read Next
Follow this Fargo-Moorhead news and weather podcast on Apple, Spotify, and Google Podcasts.
A select rundown of stories found on InForum.
The artwork's theme "Together, we are stronger united as one," has a total budget of $8,000, and could feature one artist, or a range of different artists.
An extended duration of temperatures hitting above 30 degrees will allow the city to have plows scrape the built-up ice off residential streets.