WEST FARGO — West Fest, the annual community celebration that brings thousands of visitors to West Fargo each fall, will be held Saturday, Sept. 21 through Sunday, Sept. 22. The city of West Fargo would like to notify the public of the following special event traffic and parking changes that will occur in West Fargo.
On Saturday, the following roads will be closed with no on-street parking for West Fest Activities:
- First Avenue East from Third to Fifth Street East for parade lineup 6 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Third Street East from First to Third Avenue East for parade lineup 6 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Fourth Avenue West from Sheyenne Street to Bell Bank driveway for food court 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sheyenne Street from Main to 13th Avenue West for the parade route 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sheyenne Street from Third Avenue West to south of Fourth Avenue West will remain closed until 10 p.m.
- There will be no parking in the diagonal parking spots in front of Pioneer Place (308 Sheyenne St.) 6 a.m. to 10 p.m, and no parking in the diagonal parking spots in front of Sheyenne Plaza (444 Sheyenne St.) 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Tenth Avenue West from Sheyenne Street to Second Street East for the parade route 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Second Avenue West from east of Sheyenne Street to Third Street East for parade route 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- The West Fargo Public Library parking lot will be closed to patrons for the parade lineup 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The following roads will be significantly impacted by changing traffic patterns or parade activity Saturday, but they will not be closed.
- Fifth Street East from Main Avenue to Third Avenue East.
- Third Avenue East from Fifth to Third Street East.
- Second Street East from 10th to Seventh Avenues West.
There will also be a children’s fun run, 5k and 10k 9 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday with a route that begins on Sheyenne Street and moves into the Charleswood neighborhood. Visit https://www.solemotionrace.com/west-fest to view the full route.
No road closures or traffic impacts are projected for the Sunday, Sept. 22 activities.
For more details about West Fest, a map of activities and road closures and a full schedule, visit www.westfargond.gov/westfest.