Most West Fargo businesses pass tobacco compliance checks
Two businesses fail checks
WEST FARGO — Tobacco compliance checks were performed in West Fargo on May 18.
In total, 13 businesses were checked and 11 passed, resulting in an 85% compliance rate.
Several times per year, Fargo Cass Public Health (FCPH) partners with local law enforcement agencies to carry out tobacco compliance checks in Fargo, West Fargo, and Cass County. The intent of the checks is to ensure tobacco retailers are not selling any tobacco to people under the age of twenty-one. FCPH appreciates the cooperation of the business communities in West Fargo. Licensed tobacco retailers are encouraged to periodically review City Ordinances and state laws related to sale of tobacco products and to include this important information in training for new employees.
West Fargo business that failed:
· Eagle Run Crossing – 3210 Sheyenne St. - first fail in one year
· Petro Serve USA – 239 Main Ave. W. - first fail in one year
Penalties in West Fargo:
· First violation – written warning including one-year probation
· Second failure during probationary period – three-day suspension of the tobacco license
· Third failure during probationary period – ten-day suspension of the tobacco license
· Subsequent violations during probationary period – 30-day suspension of the tobacco license