250 vehicles, 23 countries, top 5 sales: Minnesota bachelor farmer's classic car auction brings in some big numbers
Earlier this month, a story on InForum exploded online of an 88-year-old Minnesota farmer whose collection of hundreds of classic cars was up for auction after he passed away.
More than a thousand people bid online from 23 countries and across the U.S. on Jim Graham's cars. Graham's 250-vehicle collection on his Wheaton, Minn., farm once numbered 500 until he sold off half of them a few years ago.
Twenty of the cars sold in the auction went overseas.
Here are the top five cars and the price they earned at auction:
- A 1959 Chevrolet Impala Convertible went for $71,400 and was shipped to a buyer in Utah.
- The 1959 Cadillac Convertible went for $55,650 and has a new home in New York.
- A 1959 Chevrolet El Camino $34,000
- A 1961 Oldsmobile Starfire Convertible sold for $31,500.
- A 1957 Chevrolet Cameo Pickup went for $57,750