50 most loathsome New Yorkers
The Web site www.nypress.com has released its list of the 50 Most Loathsome New Yorkers. "Only 50?!" was the first thought that entered The Rail's mind. "How could you narrow it down that much?" (The second thought was, "You couldn't find 50 loat...
The Web site www.nypress.com has released its list of the 50 Most Loathsome New Yorkers.
"Only 50?!" was the first thought that entered The Rail's mind. "How could you narrow it down that much?" (The second thought was, "You couldn't find 50 loathsome people in Fargo-Moorhead.")
But the folks at this site did.
The Top 10 are:
10. William Harrison Jr., CEO of JP Morgan Chase Co.
9. U.S. Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-Ninth District)
8. Graydon Carter, editor of Vanity Fair
7. Charles Hynes, Brooklyn district attorney
6. Glenn Lowry, director of the Museum of Modern Art
5. Steven Roth, CEO of Vornado Realty
4. Barbara Corcoran, megarealtor
3. Larry "Electroclash" Tee, trend setter
2. Maer Rosham, editor of Radar
1. Michael Bloomberg, mayor
Daylight Savings Time trivia
Tonight is the night to spring forward, thereby losing the hour we gained in October.
Below is some trivia about Daylight Savings Time:
- Only two states do not observe Daylight Savings Time in their entirety - Hawaii and Arizona. (The territories of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and American Samoa also ignore it, as do some counties in Indiana.)
- Saskatchewan is the only Canadian province not to observe Daylight Savings Time.
- Ben Franklin first proposed Daylight Savings Time after a trip to Paris.
Stupid criminal trick
SAN DIEGO - The hunt is on for a feces burglar who was left holding the bag.
Police in San Diego are searching for a gunman who swiped a bag of poop from a woman out walking her dog.
The woman told police that she was out walking her dog, Misty, on Monday night when a man in his 20s ran up behind her and grabbed the bag she was holding.
When the gunman discovered what was in it, he threw it down in disgust, pointed his gun at the 32-year-old woman and demanded money, San Diego police detective Gary Hassen said.
He then aimed his .22-caliber semiautomatic at Misty and pulled the trigger twice but the gun didn't fire, Hassen said. The robber ran to a waiting small, silver car and fled the scene, police said.
Source: The Associated Press
To contact The Rail, send an e-mail to Features Editor Dean Rhodes at firstname.lastname@example.org and he'll forward it to the responsible writers.
Today's best bet
John Mellencamp, 8 p.m., Heartland rocker appears with 1960s singer-songwriter Donovan.