A 'Trivial' countdown
2005 wasn't all fun and games, but the folks at Trivial Pursuit are having fun with their list of the Top 10 Trivial Moments of the Year. 10) Prince Charles' second marriage - 750 million people watched his first nuptials, not even his own mother...
2005 wasn't all fun and games, but the folks at Trivial Pursuit are having fun with their list of the Top 10 Trivial Moments of the Year.
10) Prince Charles' second marriage - 750 million people watched his first nuptials, not even his own mother watched the second.
9) Deep Throat revealed - 30-year mystery finally solved. What was his name again?
8) Paula Abdul offers extra credit - "American Idol" contestant Corey Clarke's accusations threaten (or enhance) Abdul's reputation as the "nice" judge.
7) Nick and Jessica say "I don't" - They are now famous for ... uh ... not being married on TV.
6) It's never too late to say you're sorry ... unless you're Terrell Owens.
5) Congress investigates steroids in baseball - Obviously more important than the national deficit ... or the Iraq War ... or global warming ... or ...
4) Jennifer Wilbanks, runaway bride - Should've known by the track suit on the registry.
3) Harriet Miers: A 'Supreme' mistake - Supreme court justice wanted, no experience necessary.
2) Breaking news: Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt divorce - News coverage continues for 12 months. Let's move on, people.
1) Cruisin' out of control - How did Tom Cruise turn falling into love into a can't-look-away train wreck?
The holidays add a bit of stress to most everyone's life, so as a service to our readers, we're including tips from the useful "The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Holidays."
How to fend off an unwanted kiss under the mistletoe
&bull As soon as you arrive, locate the mistletoe.
&bull Establish alternate routes. Plan comings and goings so you do not pass under mistletoe.
&bull Employ evasive maneuvers, like keep walking as if you didn't realize you were under mistletoe, carry a drink or plate of food and quickly take a sip or bite as a would-be kisser approaches, sneeze, cough or scratch your nose as would-be kisser approaches.
&bull Make up mistletoe-related fib, such as, "This mistletoe has no berries. That's bad luck!," or "That's not real mistletoe, it's plastic! How tacky - we can't kiss under that!" or "Can you believe they put up mistletoe? Who believes in that any more?"
If there's something you want to see in The Rail, e-mail Features Editor John Lamb
Today's best bet
Holiday Lights in Lindenwood Park
F-M Sertoma Club hosts the colorful displays. Nonperishable food donations will benefit the
F-M Community Food Pantry. 5:30 to 10:30 p.m.
Lindenwood Park, Fargo, Admission: $5 per vehicle; $10 per bus or limo