Sponsored By
An organization or individual has paid for the creation of this work but did not approve or review it.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Buxton fire leaves family of 5 homeless

GRAND FORKS - A Buxton, N.D., family was driven from their home when a fire broke out Wednesday afternoon at 115 Ives St. The Buxton Fire Department responded around 1:30 p.m. No one was injured. The fire started in the attic probably because of ...

GRAND FORKS - A Buxton, N.D., family was driven from their home when a fire broke out Wednesday afternoon at 115 Ives St.

The Buxton Fire Department responded around 1:30 p.m. No one was injured.

The fire started in the attic probably because of a problem with the electrical system, according to Leona Christie, who lived there with her husband, Scott. She said she hasn't heard anything from the fire officials though.

There were three others in the house aside from the Christies at the time of the fire - Leona's daughter Tiffany, son Gavin and uncle Nick.

For the most part, the fire was confined to the attic, but Leona Christie said there is water damage in some places and the house will need a new roof and likely some electrical work.

ADVERTISEMENT

The American Red Cross is putting the family up in a hotel for a few days while they decide how to move forward.

Members of the Hillsboro Fire Department also assisted on the scene.

Related Topics: FIRES
What To Read Next
The Buffalo Bills safety who suffered a cardiac arrest on Monday Night Football in January is urging people to learn how to save lives the way his was saved.
Josh Sipes was watching an in-flight movie when he became aware the flight crew were asking for help assisting a woman who was experiencing a medical problem.
A Sanford doctor says moderate cold exposure could be the boost people need for their day.
Nonprofit hospitals are required to provide free or discounted care, also known as charity care; yet eligibility and application requirements vary across hospitals. Could you qualify? We found out.