Sponsored By
An organization or individual has paid for the creation of this work but did not approve or review it.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Cause of Superior music teacher's death was smoke inhalation

SUPERIOR, Wis. - A retired music teacher found dead after a fire in her home Monday apparently died of asphyxiation caused by smoke inhalation. The body of Jean Sweeney was found after a fire at her home on Billings Drive in Superior. The prelimi...

SUPERIOR, Wis. - A retired music teacher found dead after a fire in her home Monday apparently died of asphyxiation caused by smoke inhalation.

The body of Jean Sweeney was found after a fire at her home on Billings Drive in Superior. The preliminary cause of death was reached following an autopsy Tuesday at Midwest Medical Examiner's Office in Ramsey, Minn.

Firefighters were called to Sweeney's shortly after 11 a.m. Monday. Flames were already visible when firefighters arrived on the scene. Flames and heat turned back firefighters trying to search the house and make interior fire attacks. Searchers later found Sweeney's body at the bottom of several steps leading up to the split-entry house's entryway.

Fire officials have not yet released any conclusions about the possible cause of the blaze.

What To Read Next
The Buffalo Bills safety who suffered a cardiac arrest on Monday Night Football in January is urging people to learn how to save lives the way his was saved.
Josh Sipes was watching an in-flight movie when he became aware the flight crew were asking for help assisting a woman who was experiencing a medical problem.
A Sanford doctor says moderate cold exposure could be the boost people need for their day.
Nonprofit hospitals are required to provide free or discounted care, also known as charity care; yet eligibility and application requirements vary across hospitals. Could you qualify? We found out.