Sponsored By
An organization or individual has paid for the creation of this work but did not approve or review it.



Child Care

We are part of The Trust Project.

Child Care Resource & Referral, 715 11th St. N., Suite 402, Moorhead; (218) 299-7325 or (800) 452-3646; fax (218) 299-7547; www.ndchildcare.org .

CCRR is designed to be a community resource for parents, child care professionals, businesses and local communities.

The agency's goal is to provide parents with the support and guidelines they need to make wise, appropriate choices in selecting care for their children.

Parent counselors provide information on the types of licensed and unlicensed services available, the cost of child care, a list of names to contact, and also what to look for when visiting a program.

The Carecheck Registry is a voluntary registry whose members have no abuse or neglect records with the North Dakota Department of Human Resources and no criminal history with the North Dakota Bureau of Criminal Investigation and the FBI. This agency is a reference source of potential child care providers. Call (800) 245-3736 and ask for the Carecheck Registry.


Because good quality child care can be costly, your county social service agency may also be able to determine if you qualify for child care assistance.

CCRR also has services to help child care providers. Books and videos are available through CCRR's Resource Lending Library for providers with questions about working with children, parents or any difficult situation. CCRR also helps providers set up their own program and deal with the business side of child care.

The CCRR Equipment Lending Library has cribs, high chairs and play equipment for providers to use in their child care program.

For more information about child care, call CCRR for a copy of A Parent's Guide to Selecting Child Care.

Curfews: Fargo Police, (701) 241-1437; Moorhead Police, (218) 299-5120; West Fargo Police, (701) 282-4154; Dilworth, (218) 287-2666.

Persons 16 and under must be accompanied by a parent if they are out later than 11 p.m. Anyone under age 17 found outside their home premises after this time may be picked up for curfew violation.

What To Read Next
A Sanford doctor says moderate cold exposure could be the boost people need for their day.
Nonprofit hospitals are required to provide free or discounted care, also known as charity care; yet eligibility and application requirements vary across hospitals. Could you qualify? We found out.
Columnist Carol Bradley Bursack explains the differences between Alzheimer's, dementia and other common forms of dementia.
While the United States government gave help to businesses and people, a lack of assistance has left some Chinese citizens angry and destitute.