Essentia Health eases visitor restrictions
Beginning Feb. 9, one adult visitor per patient per day will be allowed
FARGO — Essentia Health will allow one adult visitor per patient per day in all clinics and hospitals as of Tuesday, Feb. 9.
The announcement comes amid a slowdown in the spread of COVID-19 throughout the region. The change does not affect long-term care facilities.
There are variances to this policy. For example:
- In pediatric units, two caregivers are permitted per patient per day.
- In neonatal intensive care units, two caregivers are permitted per day.
- In emergency departments, two caregivers are permitted for pediatric patients.
- In birthing centers, one adult visitor is permitted to visit. The birth partner is permitted at all times and is not considered a visitor. A certified doula will be allowed during labor.
- People under the age of 18 may visit an immediate family member who is dying when they are escorted by an adult.
Visit https://www.essentiahealth.org/covid-19/hospital-clinic-visitor-guidelines/ for complete details of the updated visitor policy.