Sponsored By
An organization or individual has paid for the creation of this work but did not approve or review it.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Fargo strip mall evacuated after gas leak

FARGO - Fire crews evacuated about 20 employees from a strip mall in south Fargo on Wednesday morning due to a gas leak. Fire Battalion Chief Chris Rasmussen said employees at University Square, 2615 S. University Drive, reported the smell of nat...

Fargo Fire Department at mall
A Fargo firefighter stands by a gas-powered fan Wednesday outside of University Square mall in this photo from the department's Facebook page.

FARGO - Fire crews evacuated about 20 employees from a strip mall in south Fargo on Wednesday morning due to a gas leak.

Fire Battalion Chief Chris Rasmussen said employees at University Square, 2615 S. University Drive, reported the smell of natural gas around 9:14 a.m.

Fire crews and Excel Energy turned off the building's natural gas service and evacuated employees as a precautionary measure, Rasmussen said.

The building was ventilated and gas readings returned to normal. The leak was caused by a broken gas line inside the building.

No injuries were reported.

What To Read Next
Columnist Carol Bradley Bursack lists the various reason why some older adults may begin to shuffle as they age.
The Buffalo Bills safety who suffered a cardiac arrest on Monday Night Football in January is urging people to learn how to save lives the way his was saved.
Josh Sipes was watching an in-flight movie when he became aware the flight crew were asking for help assisting a woman who was experiencing a medical problem.
A Sanford doctor says moderate cold exposure could be the boost people need for their day.