Sponsored By
An organization or individual has paid for the creation of this work but did not approve or review it.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Fire damages Moorhead service station

MOORHEAD - Fire caused an estimated $5,000 worth of damage to a Moorhead service station this morning, according to the Moorhead Fire Department. The fire at Brady's Service Center, 2404 8th St.

MOORHEAD - Fire caused an estimated $5,000 worth of damage to a Moorhead service station this morning, according to the Moorhead Fire Department.

The fire at Brady's Service Center, 2404 8th St. S., was caused by an electric bathroom fan motor overheating and igniting boxes and paper stored against it, the Fire Department stated in a release.

The fire was discovered by employees who called 911.

Workers used a fire extinguisher to slow the fire's progress until firefighters arrived.

Without the actions of the employees, the damage to the building would have been far greater, the Fire Department said.

Related Topics: FIRESMOORHEAD
What To Read Next
Columnist Carol Bradley Bursack lists the various reason why some older adults may begin to shuffle as they age.
The Buffalo Bills safety who suffered a cardiac arrest on Monday Night Football in January is urging people to learn how to save lives the way his was saved.
Josh Sipes was watching an in-flight movie when he became aware the flight crew were asking for help assisting a woman who was experiencing a medical problem.
A Sanford doctor says moderate cold exposure could be the boost people need for their day.