Sponsored By
An organization or individual has paid for the creation of this work but did not approve or review it.



Fire sprinkler system saves Grand Forks apartment building

Fire sprinkler system saves apartment building
This file is in public domain, not copyrighted, no rights reserved, free for any use. You can use this picture for any use including commercial purposes without the prior written permission and without fee or obligation.

GRAND FORKS -- A fire sprinkler system saved a building at 8 1/2 S. 3 rd Street from extensive damage due to overheated cooking oil that caught fire. The fire caused the sprinkler system to activate.

At approximately 8:50 p.m. on Dec. 14, 17 firefighters responded to a fire alarm activation with the report of water flowing in the building.

Firefighters arrived on scene to find a sprinkler head had activated over a cooking fire in an apartment unit on the second floor.

Firefighters quickly controlled the flow of water and tried to minimize water damage to the apartment and other tenants located in the building.

The apartment occupant sustained some minor injuries related to the cooking fire.


There were no reported injuries to firefighters.

Grand Forks Police Department and Altru Ambulance were also on scene assisting.

What To Read Next
Get Local