Hankinson casino fire forces evacuation early this morning
HANKINSON, N.D. - A large fire forced the Dakota Magic Casino and Hotel to evacuate for about an hour early this morning.
Richland County Emergency Manager Brett Lambrecht says the fire broke out at about 3:20 am on a vaporizer that's connected to a 30,000 gallon propane tank.
The fire was contained to the vaporizer, which was destroyed.
Ten area fire departments responded to the blaze, that shot flames 30 feet into the air and was 20 feet wide.
There wasn't any damage to the casino or hotel and guests were allowed back in after an hour.
Lambrecht says the vaporizer is the heat source for the facility and he's working with the casino to look at other options for heating alternatives.