Sponsored By
An organization or individual has paid for the creation of this work but did not approve or review it.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Moorhead house fire causes $5,000 in damage; family of four unhurt

MOORHEAD - A family of four escaped a house fire relatively unscathed Monday evening, according to a news release from Chad Stangeland, assistant Moorhead fire marshal.

MOORHEAD - A family of four escaped a house fire relatively unscathed Monday evening, according to a news release from Chad Stangeland, assistant Moorhead fire marshal.

A child in the family heard a pop and noticed sparks in his bedroom about 5:56 p.m., the release stated. The family was inside the home at 523 18th St. N. at the time and was able to escape.

One person was treated on the scene for smoke inhalation, the release stated.

When they arrived on the scene, fire crews found a mattress on fire and extinguished it. The fire damage was contained to the bedroom.

It was determined to be an electrical fire caused by an electrical short, the release stated.

ADVERTISEMENT

There was about $5,000 worth of damage done to the house, based on a preliminary estimate, said Moorhead Fire Capt. Dave Allen.

Related Topics: FIRES
What To Read Next
Nonprofit hospitals are required to provide free or discounted care, also known as charity care; yet eligibility and application requirements vary across hospitals. Could you qualify? We found out.
Columnist Carol Bradley Bursack explains the differences between Alzheimer's, dementia and other common forms of dementia.
While the United States government gave help to businesses and people, a lack of assistance has left some Chinese citizens angry and destitute.
Having these procedures available closer to home will make a big difference for many in the region.