Sponsored By
An organization or individual has paid for the creation of this work but did not approve or review it.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Moorhead motel fire injures Montana man

A small fire early Saturday at Moorhead's Super 8 Motel sent a Montana man to the hospital after he suffered minor burns, according to a news release.

We are part of The Trust Project.

A small fire early Saturday at Moorhead's Super 8 Motel sent a Montana man to the hospital after he suffered minor burns, according to a news release.

Moorhead police assisted the Fire Department at the motel, 3621 8th St. S., where they found smoke and a small fire about 2:45 a.m. in a second-story room.

Firefighters put out the fire, which is thought to have begun with a malfunctioning ceiling vent fan. There was minor damage to the building, said John Isaacson, the motel's general manager.

Isaacson said the Montana man and his wife were staying at the motel but would not release any other information.

Moorhead Police Lt. Brad Penas said the man was injured when he was trying to escape the fire and he stepped on melted plastic that fell out of the ceiling, likely from the fan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Penas said the man was taken to Innovis Health in Fargo. An Innovis supervisor said he knew of no one there with injuries related to the fire.

About 100 occupants of the motel's two floors and 50 rooms were evacuated during the fire but later returned to their rooms, Isaacson said.

What To Read Next
A Sanford doctor says moderate cold exposure could be the boost people need for their day.
Nonprofit hospitals are required to provide free or discounted care, also known as charity care; yet eligibility and application requirements vary across hospitals. Could you qualify? We found out.
Columnist Carol Bradley Bursack explains the differences between Alzheimer's, dementia and other common forms of dementia.
While the United States government gave help to businesses and people, a lack of assistance has left some Chinese citizens angry and destitute.