Today's best bet: The gift that's in season
Christmas Day may have passed, but the 12 days of Christmas have just started. The Fur Information Council of America has some suggestions for what you can get your true love: - Twelve mink ponytail holders - Eleven fox-trimmed key rings - Ten kn...
Christmas Day may have passed, but the 12 days of Christmas have just started.
The Fur Information Council of America has some suggestions for what you can get your true love:
- Twelve mink ponytail holders
- Eleven fox-trimmed key rings
- Ten knitted rabbit scarves
- Nine pairs of mink earmuffs
- Eight pairs of mahogany fox and leather gloves
- Seven lynx pillows
- Six fur handbags
- Five knit beaver jackets
- Four chinchilla wraps
- Three men's fox vests
- Two full-length mink coats
- And one full-length Russian sable
TOKYO - If you can't decide between diamonds and something sweet for your sweetheart this holiday season, a Japanese store had the answer: Both.
Takashimaya Department Store in central Tokyo offered a diamond-studded, $1.7 million cake.
The sparkling pink creation, which went on sale last Tuesday, "has already received many inquiries" from prospective customers, said store spokesman Takeshi Morinaka.
A total of 223 diamonds - including a 5-carat, heart-shaped stone - adorned the double-layer, marzipan-coated fruitcake, designed by Tokyo-based sweets chef Jeong Hong-yong.
"It's entirely edible, except for the diamonds of course," Morinaka said.
The holidays add a bit of stress to most everyone's life, so as a service to our readers, over the next couple of weeks, we'll include tips from the useful "The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Holidays."
How to make an emergency menorah
You will need 2 cups of flour, 1 cup of salt, 1 cup of water, nine nuts or washers, a large mixing bowl and at least three hours.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Mix flour and salt in bowl.
- Add water.
- Roll the dough into a strip about 12 inches long, 1 to 2 inches wide and 2 inches thick.
- Cut a 1-inch piece off one end and press it into the center of the strip.
- Add the nuts/washers to the dough, four spaced evenly on each side with the ninth in the center.
- Bake for two hours.
Take a ride through Viking Ship Park, 2 to 5 p.m.Hjemkomst Center,Moorhead.(218) 299-5340
Associated PressAssociated PressIf there's something you want to see in The Rail, e-mail Features Editor John Lamb at firstname.lastname@example.org