FARGO — The YMCA of Cass and Clay counties is providing meals and snacks to kids during the COVID-19 outbreak beginning Monday, April 13, in partnership with the state of North Dakota and U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Suppers and snacks will be distributed to-go style every weekday, free of charge, to children ages 18 or younger at eight schools in the Fargo-Moorhead area.
A vehicle with the YMCA logo will be parked in the front parking lot or near each of the school's front doors to distribute meals to families. Each will receive one to-go meal bag per day. Additional meals may be purchased for $5 each for anyone over the age of 18. Meals include a protein, grain, vegetable, fruit and milk. Each snack will have two of the five dinner components and will vary by day.
Meals will be distributed at the following times and locations:
- Jefferson Elementary, 1701 Fourth Ave. S., Fargo, 4:15 to 5 p.m.
- Eastwood Elementary, 500 10th Ave. E., West Fargo, 4:15 to 5 p.m.
- Madison Elementary, 1040 29th St. N., Fargo, 4:15 to 5 p.m.
- Robert Asp Elementary, 910 11th St. N., Moorhead, 4:15 to 5 p.m.
- Horace Mann Elementary, 1025 Third St. N., Fargo, 5:15 to 6 p.m.
- L.E. Berger Elementary, 631 Fourth Ave. E., West Fargo, 5:15 to 6 p.m.
- Willow Park Elementary, 4901 15th Ave. S., West Fargo, 5:15 to 6 p.m.
- Ellen Hopkins Elementary, 2020 11th St. S., Moorhead, 5:15 to 6 p.m.
For more information, visit ymcacassclay.org/covidmeals.