Meet the six new members of The Forum's Readers Board. They join six returning members whose terms expire in December.
Members stay on for a year, but terms are staggered by a half-year. The paper's community sounding board chooses its own successors.
We want to first thank our members leaving the board: Jackie DeMolee, Michael Leier, Mark Meister, Brian Gaarder, Lyn Dwyer and Howard Barlow.
• Joan Brickner, 57, West Fargo, is an English instructor at Minnesota State Community and Technical College in Moorhead. She earned her bachelor's degree from Wayne State University in Detroit and a master's degree from Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti. She's married and the mother of grown children who live in Michigan.
• Josie Danz, 31, Fargo, is the retail manager and buyer at Zandbroz Variety in Fargo. She earned degrees in French and international business/marketing from Concordia College. Danz has lived in the area most of her life.
• Margaret Freitag, 64, Fargo, is a supervisor at the North Dakota State University Police Communications Call Center. She is a native of Embden, N.D., and a graduate of NDSU. She is married with two adult stepsons who live in Indiana.
• Tyler Leverington, Fargo, is an attorney specializing in corporate litigation and transactional work with Ohnstad Twichell Law Firm in Fargo. He's a native of Roseau, Minn., and earned degrees at NDSU and Marquette University Law School in Milwaukee, Wis.
• Benjamin Norman, 24, Fargo, is an English teacher for Fargo Public Schools. He is a native of the Barnesville, Minn., area and a graduate of NDSU.
• Lee Schwartz, 50, Fargo, works in marketing and real estate development for Jade Companies in Fargo. He earned a bachelor's degree in international business from Minnesota State University Moorhead. He is the father to 15-year-old twins and has lived in the area most of his life.
• Bryan Domholt, 48, Fargo, is a realtor for Lakeplace.com Realty. A native of Elbow Lake, Minn., he earned a bachelor's degree from NDSU. Domholt is married and has three stepchildren.
• Jake Fauchald, 28, Fargo, is a licensed attorney currently working as a law clerk for the state of Minnesota. He earned his bachelor's degree at Concordia College and his law degree from William Mitchell College of Law in St. Paul. He is single and has lived in the area for six years.
• Emily Harris, 27, West Fargo, is a customer service representative at Anchor Ingredients in Fargo. She earned bachelor's degrees in Spanish and apparel, retail merchandising and design from NDSU. She is single and has lived in the area most of her life.
• Mark Kolstad, 70, Fargo, is a retired English teacher who taught 13 years for Moorhead Public Schools and 30 years for Fargo Public Schools. He earned his bachelor's and master's degrees from Minnesota State University Moorhead. He is married to a fellow teacher and has lived in the area most of his life..
• Deborah Tietz, 51, Moorhead, is a language arts teacher at Cheney Middle School in West Fargo. She earned her bachelor's degree in secondary education from MSUM and her master's degree in technology and curriculum from St. Thomas University. She is a married mother of two and has lived in the area for 30 years.
• Tally Tinjum, 38, Moorhead, is an assistant professor of nursing at Concordia College. She earned her bachelor's degree at Concordia College, her master's degree at Nebraska Methodist College, Omaha, and her doctorate from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. She is married with two young daughters and has lived in the area for most of her life.
Von Pinnon is editor of The Forum of Fargo-Moorhead. Reach him at (701) 241-5579, email@example.com or on Twitter @inforumed