Meet the six new members of The Forum's Readers Board. They join six returning members whose terms expire in June.
Members stay on for a year, but terms are staggered by a half-year. The paper's community sounding board chooses its own successors.
We want to first thank our members leaving the board: Les Hazlett, Mike Miller, Ryan Schuster, Heather Syverson and Laura Vogel.
New members are:
• Paul Coppin, 58, West Fargo, is the general manager of Reynolds (N.D.) United Coop. He attended North Dakota State College of Science, Wahpeton, and North Dakota State University. The North Dakota native is married and has two adult sons.
• Chelsey Hill, 29, Fargo, is a social worker with Cass County Social Services who has lived in the area most of her life. Hill earned a bachelor's degree from the University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, and is engaged to be married in October.
• Dustin Hasbrouck, 29, Moorhead, is a support escalation engineer at Microsoft. He attended school at Arizona State University and NDSU. He grew up in Fertile, Minn., and has lived in the F-M area for 11 years. Hasbrouck and his wife recently welcomed their first child on Dec. 19.
• Rob Lynch, 54, Fargo, is a training coordinator and workforce development trainer for the Upper Great Plains Transportation Institute at NDSU. He studied industrial engineering and emergency management, earning a bachelor's degree from NDSU. He is married with three grown sons. He is a former Fargo city commissioner who has lived in Fargo for 20 years.
• Kit Miles, 46, West Fargo, provides teaching support in the sociology/anthropology department at NDSU, where she earned her bachelor's degree in English. She is married and has lived in the area all her life.
• Sherm Syverson, 47, Moorhead, is a paramedic and the senior director of F-M Ambulance Service. A native of Enderlin, N.D., Syverson earned a bachelor's degree in mortuary science from the University of Minnesota and a master's degree in instructional design and technology from UND. He is married with three children.
Returning board members:
• Zac Echola, 33, Fargo, is a software developer and graduate of Minnesota State University Moorhead. He is married with an 8-year-old daughter.
• Jacqueline Kodadek, Fargo, works as a communications assistant for Communication Services for the Deaf. She studied computer science, business management and music education at NDSU. She's married and has lived in Fargo off and on for 10 years.
• Edward Larson, 56, Fargo, works as a team leader for Southeast Human Service Center. He earned a master's degree in counseling from UND. He's married with two adult children and has lived in the area off and on for many years.
• LeAnn Martin, 62, Harwood, N.D., is a self-employed hypnotherapist. She earned a bachelor's degree from MSUM and graduated from the Australian College of Hypnotherapy in Sydney, Australia., and the Hypnotherapy Training Institute in San Francisco. She is married with four grown children and moved back to this area about a year ago.
• Jeana Peinovich, 55, Fargo, is the Lend A Hand director for the Dakota Medical Foundation. She earned her bachelor's degree at UND. She is married with three adult daughters and has lived in Fargo since 1984.
• Kimberly A. Rude, 61, Moorhead, is a health system specialist for the Fargo VA Health Care System. She earned a master's degree at MSUM. She is married with two adult children and four grandchildren and has lived in the area for 43 years.