Meet the six new members of The Forum’s Readers Board. They join five returning members whose terms expire in December.
Members stay on for a year, but terms are staggered by a half-year. The paper’s community sounding board chooses its own successors.
We want to first thank our members leaving the board: Penny Retzer, Katie Mastel, Christina Rodenbiker, Danielle Leverington, Terri Trickle and Thomas Stromme.
● Kraig Archambeau, 31, Moorhead, is a mortgage processor for Western State Bank. He is a native of Rosholt, S.D., who has lived in the F-M area for 12 years.
● Marlene S. Daniels, Fargo, works in human resources and marketing at American Federal Bank in Fargo. She earned her undergraduate degree from the University of North Dakota and graduate degree at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She is a North Dakota native who has lived in Fargo since 1997.
● Ashley Larson, 32, West Fargo, is an operations manager at U.S. Bank’s call center. She earned a professional certification in project management from the University of Phoenix in 2019. A native of Sabin, Minn., Larson is married and the mother of one.
● Wanda Mengelkoch, 58, Fargo, is a nurse at Sanford Medical Center. She earned her bachelor’s degree at the University of Mary in Bismarck. She is married with two adult children and has lived in the area for 35 years.
● Michael J. Olsen, 70, Fargo, is a retired communications professional who continues to consult from time to time. He earned his bachelor’s degree from North Dakota State University. Olsen is married and has lived in the area most of his life.
● Ben Sailer, 35, Fargo, works as an inbound marketing director. He earned degrees in print journalism and public relations at Minnesota State University Moorhead. He is married and has lived in the area for 15 years.
● Melissa Brandt, 44, Fargo, is president of the Downtown Community Partnership and has lived in the area most of her life. Brandt was recently married and has an 11-year-old son.
● David Bunzow, 74, Fargo, is the owner of Headon Designs Consultants and works as an academic tutor in science, math, business and writing. He earned his bachelor’s degree in chemistry from San Jose State University and a master’s in hazardous waste management at Idaho State University. He is married with three adult children and two grandchildren.
● Mark Dickerson, 54, West Fargo, is currently employed as a professor for Northeastern University in Boston and a communications leader with the U.S. Census Bureau. He earned a bachelor’s degree in journalism from the University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, and graduate degrees in communication from Florida Atlantic University and in educational administration from the University of South Dakota. He is married with two adult children.
● Joan D. Halland, 65, Kindred, N.D., is an English teacher and former track coach at Kindred Public School. She earned her bachelor’s degree in English from Valley City (N.D.) State University and is married with one daughter.
● John Miller, 75, Moorhead, is a professor of music theory and director in the Division of Performing Arts at North Dakota State University. He earned his doctorate from Northwestern University and has lived in the area since 1994. Miller is married with two adult children.