With summer upon us, it’s time for another edition of, “Reader Feedback.” Often imitated, never duplicated, it’s the column dedicated to you, the readers. It tells you what readers are saying to me or about me on emails, Facebook, or personal letters.
About 80% of the comments are wonderful. Here are some of them. “We loved, loved, loved last week’s column and this week’s as well. You are amazing! Keep it up,” “Thank you for responding and standing up for real morality and support of the Constitution and our country,” “Thank you for writing about issues and stories that are relevant and important. Your column has helped carry me through these crazy times,” “Thank you for always putting your heart in your columns,” “I so appreciate you being a strong voice of sanity in our area,” and “Your column is so well researched and filled with educational and uplifting information. And yet, your feedback columns are my favorite.”
Wow! I am moved by those beautiful comments. Thank you so much. Now, it’s time to hear from readers who have a different view of my work, along with my responses.
- From Butch: “You are a liberal pervert and a disgrace to humanity.”
Dear Butch, So how did you like my latest column?
- From Marina: “You seem to have an irrational fear of the COVID virus…Get your untested shot, your worthless mask.”
Dear Marina, Congrats on your graduation from the Trump University Medical School.
- From Lynne: “I have long thought that you, Jack Z. and Mike M. have drunk (sic) the communist Kool-Aid.”
Dear Lynne, Actually we have been drinking truth serum.
- From Lyle (After I quoted from an email he sent to me in a previous “Reader Feedback”): “’Reader Feedback’ attempts at humor, and wit fail…not funny…not factual, not entertaining.”
Dear Lyle, Not interested.
- From Harriet: “This opinion of yours seems to be Fake News…This is part of the reason why The Forum readership is down.”
Dear Harriet, Actually, Forum readership is increasing, and I see you’re still reading The Forum.
- From Fargo City Commissioner Tony Gehrig: “The mask religion continues due to zealots like Jim…There is literally 0 evidence mask mandates have positive effects. 0 as in none.”
Dear Tony, There is literally zero evidence that you know what you’re talking about.
- From Steve: “Ignorance at its finest in this article. Maybe I could write the next one?”
Dear Steve, I doubt it.
- Keep those comments coming, and stay tuned for the next edition of, “Reader Feedback.”
Shaw is a former WDAY TV reporter and former KVRR TV news director. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of The Forum's editorial board nor Forum ownership.