Meet the seven new members of The Forum’s Readers Board. They join six returning members whose terms expire in December.
Members stay on for a year, but terms are staggered by a half-year. The paper’s community sounding board chooses its own successors.
We want to first thank departing members whose terms expired in June: Joe Allen, Josie Danz, Travis Kvanvig, Angela Novak and Akira Shastri.
- Angie Brady, 88, Moorhead, is a former nursing instructor at St. Luke’s School of Nursing. She earned a bachelor’s degree in special education and a master’s degree in guidance and counseling at Minnesota State University Moorhead. She has written a monthly column titled “Been There Done That” for Midwest Bloomers for 19 years and has published five books, the latest titled “The Battles of Should and Could” in 2014. She has lived in the area her whole life.
- Lane Etter, 32, Fargo, is a risk management officer for American Federal Bank. She earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration and accounting from Seattle University. She resides in Fargo with her daughter, a student at Fargo South High School. She grew up near Menahga, Minn., and spent 12 years out of state in Mississippi and Washington before moving to Fargo to be closer to family.
- Brittany Hatting, 25, Wahpeton, N.D., is an attorney for Lies & Bullis in Wahpeton. She earned an English degree at South Dakota State University, Brookings, and a law degree at the University of South Dakota, Vermillion. She is married with one son and has lived in the region most of her life.
- Caroline Moos, 25, Moorhead, is a mental health intake coordinator for Solutions Behavioral Healthcare Professionals. She earned a degree in communications at the University of Minnesota. She has lived in the area most of her life.
- Walter Spiese, 68, LaMoure, N.D., and West Fargo, owns and is a pharmacist at LaMoure Drug Store. He earned his pharmacy degree at North Dakota State University. He is married and has three children and six grandchildren. He has lived in LaMoure most of his life and recently purchased a second home in West Fargo.
- Jeff Weigel, 50, Fargo, is the operations manager at Motion Industries. He earned degrees at North Dakota State College of Science, Wahpeton, and Valley City (N.D.) State University. He is originally from Edgeley, N.D., but has lived in the area for 25 years. He is married and spends his free time traveling, riding motorcycle and collecting farm toys.
- Diane Wolter, 51, Fargo, does career counseling and job search coaching at the MSUM Career Development Center. She earned a bachelor’s degree at Lawrence University, Appleton, Wis., a master’s degree from MSUM, and a doctorate at the University of North Dakota. She is married and has lived in the area most of her life.
- Cole Carley, 64, Fargo, is the former president and CEO of the Convention and Visitors Bureau. He is currently pursuing a career in professional speaking through his business, Cole Carley Communicates. He earned a degree in English from St. John’s University, Collegeville, Minn. He is married with five adult children. He has lived in the area his entire life.
- Joelle Goldade, 53, Breckenridge, Minn., is the manager of clinical services-registered nurse, for CHI HealthConnect at Home in Fargo. She earned a bachelor’s degree in nursing from MSUM. She is married with three adult children and has lived in the area since 1984.
- Kristina Hein, 30, of West Fargo, is the marketing and brand management director of the United Way of Cass-Clay. She graduated from Concordia College with a degree in English education. She has lived in the area since 2002.
- Susan Revland, 61, Fargo, retired in 2008 after a career in television production followed by many years of teaching broadcast journalism. She owned a successful pet-sitting service for three years and today teaches water fitness classes. She earned a bachelor’s degree from University of Maryland Radio, Television and Film and a master’s degree from the University of Miami. She moved to Fargo with her husband, a native of Fargo, in 2006. They have two adult children.
- Larry Schwartz, West Fargo, is an assistant professor and librarian at the Livingston Lord Library at MSUM. He is married and has lived in the area for 22 years.
- Kristine Thompson, 54, Moorhead, is the service learning coordinator for Moorhead Public Schools. She earned a bachelor’s degree at the University of Minnesota, master’s degree at American University in Washington, D.C., and a doctorate at UND. She is married with two children. She has lived in the area since 1991.
Von Pinnon is editor of The Forum. Reach him at (701) 241-5579, email@example.com or on Twitter @inforumed