Letter: Please help me learn about North Dakota
Ava Payan, a student in McLean, Virginia, is asking North Dakotans to help her with a class project.
Dear people of the great state of North Dakota:
Hello! I am a third grade student in Northern Virginia. Our class is learning about the United States, and I will be teaching our school about the state of North Dakota. In the month of May, I will create a display for our State Fair that I hope will make you proud.
Although I have gathered facts about your state from books and websites, I think that I can receive the best information from the people who live there. This is why I'm writing to you. I am hoping that you would be willing to send me some items to help me learn more about the best things in your state. You might consider sending items such as postcards, pictures, souvenirs, or any other unique items that would be useful to show your state pride.
Here are a few questions:
- Why do you live in your state? What first brought your family there?
- How do you make money? What is your job?
- What does your state look like?
- What do people do for fun?
- What animals live there?
- What traditional food/recipes does your state have?
- What type of music is native to your state?
- Do you have a state athletic team?
- What geographic features are unique to your state?
I will need to gather all of my information by the second week of May. You can send mail items to the address below. I really appreciate your help!
Miss Campbell's Class
Attn: Ava Payan
The Langley School
1411 Balls Hill Road
McLean, Virginia 22101