Von Pinnon: Forum welcomes six new Readers Board members
Meet the six new members of The Forum's Readers Board. They join six returning members whose terms expire in December.Members stay on for a year, but terms are staggered by a half-year. The paper's community sounding board chooses its own successors.
Meet the six new members of The Forum's Readers Board. They join six returning members whose terms expire in December.
Members stay on for a year, but terms are staggered by a half-year. The paper's community sounding board chooses its own successors.
We want to first thank our members leaving the board: Jeana Peinovich, LeAnn Martin, Zac Echola, Kimberly Rude, Edward Larson and Jacqueline Kodadek.
• Howard Barlow, 81, Fargo, works on a contract basis for Lutheran Social Services of North Dakota. He attended Huron (S.D.) College and has lived in the area since 1969. He is married with three grown children.
• Jackie DeMolee, 33, Fargo, is employed by North Dakota State University. Her education includes a radio broadcasting diploma from Northland Community and Technical College and a master's in educational leadership from the University of North Dakota, Grand Forks. DeMolee is a native of Warroad, Minn., who moved to Fargo a year ago for work.
• Lyn Dwyer, 62, Moorhead, is a manager broker with RE/MAX Realty 1. She earned a bachelor's degree in business education from Minnesota State University Moorhead. She is married and has two daughters and a son. She grew up in Fergus Falls, Minn., and moved to Moorhead in 1975.
• Brian Gaarder, 69, Fargo, is a medical editor and transcriptionist for MModal. He earned a bachelor's degree in history and English from Augustana College. He also studied health information administration at the College of St. Mary in Omaha, Neb. He is married and has lived in the area for 31 years.
• Michael Leier, 67, Fargo, is retired after working for 35 years at Southeast Human Service Center, most recently as a program director. Leier earned a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Jamestown and a master's in rehabilitation counseling and community mental health at Southern Illinois University. He is married with two adult children and has lived in the area for 40 years.
• Mark Meister, 48, Moorhead, is a professor in the communications department at NDSU. He earned a bachelor's degree in communication studies and English from Carroll College, Helena, Mont.; a master's in speech communication from NDSU; and a doctorate in communication from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln. He is married with an adult daughter and has lived here for 20 years.
• Paul Coppin, 59, West Fargo, is the general manager of Reynolds (N.D.) United Coop. He attended North Dakota State College of Science, Wahpeton, and NDSU. The North Dakota native is married and has two adult sons.
• Dustin Hasbrouck, 29, Moorhead, is a support escalation engineer at Microsoft. He attended school at Arizona State University and NDSU. He grew up in Fertile, Minn., and had lived in the F-M area for 11 years.
• Chelsey Hill, 30, is a social worker with Cass County Social Services who has lived in the area most of her life. Hill earned a bachelor's degree from the University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, and is engaged to be married in October.
• Rob Lynch, 54, Fargo, is a training coordinator and workforce development trainer for the Upper Great Plains Transportation Institute at NDSU. He is married with three grown sons. He is a former Fargo city commissioner who has lived in Fargo for 20 years.
• Kit Miles, 47, West Fargo, provides teaching support in the sociology/anthropology department at NDSU, where she earned her bachelor's degree in English. She is married and has lived in the area all her life.
• Sherm Syverson, 48, Moorhead, is a paramedic and the senior director of F-M Ambulance Service. A native of Enderlin, N.D., Syverson earned a bachelor's degree in mortuary science from the University of Minnesota and a master's degree in instructional design and technology from UND. He is married with three children.
Von Pinnon is editor of The Forum of Fargo-Moorhead. Reach him at (701) 241-5579, firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @inforumed