Ice fishing shows, continuing DNR webinar series, coming up on Outdoors Calendar
To get an event in the Outdoors Calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 1148 or by email at email@example.com. Deadline is 5 p.m. Wednesdays.
To get an event in the Outdoors calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 1148 or by email at
. Deadline is 5 p.m. Wednesdays.
- Nov. 18-20: Hard Water Ice Fishing Expo, National Sports Center, 1700 105th Ave. NE, Blaine, Minn. Show hours 2 to 8 p.m. Nov. 18, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 19 and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 20. Info: nscsports.org/hardwaterexpo.
- Dec. 2-4: St. Paul Ice Fishing and Winter Sports Show, St. Paul RiverCentre, 175 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul. Regular show hours 1 to 8 p.m. Dec. 2, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Dec. 3 and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 4. Info: st.paulicefishingshow.com.
- Dec. 9-11: Fargo Ice Fishing Show, Scheels Arena, 5225 31st Ave. S., Fargo. Show hours noon to 7:30 p.m. Dec. 9, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Dec. 10 and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 11. Info: fargoicefishingshow.com.
- Jan. 21-22: 2023 Clam Trap Attack virtual ice fishing tournament, 12:10 a.m. CST on Jan. 21 through 11:59 p.m. CST on Jan. 29. Open to anyone in the U.S. or Canada targeting northern pike, walleyes, sunfish, yellow perch, crappies and lake trout. Registration fee is $10, and tournament will be run throug the Fish Donkey app, available for Apple and Android phones. More info: clamoutdoors.com/trapattacktournament.
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources is continuing its series of hunting, fishing and outdoor learning webinars this summer. The webinars, which are free, begin at noon Wednesdays, and pre-registration is required at
. Webinars also are recorded and available online. Upcoming webinars are as follows:
- Nov. 9: "Fat Bikes for Winter." Gunnar Carlson from Minnesota Off-Road Cyclists will share opportunities for biking year-round.
- Nov. 16: "The Art of Wildlife Photography." Gordon Dietzman, retired national park ranger, will share what it takes to become a better nature photographer.
- Nov. 23: "Minnesota State Park Opportunities." Sara Joy Berhow from DNR Parks and Trails will look at what's happening in Minnesota state parks and how people can get active in enjoying them.
- Nov. 30: "Fishing for Northern Pike." Bethany Bethke, DNR fisheries research scientist and coordinator of the Northern Pike Technical Committee, will highlight research, harvest regs and tips and techniques for catching pike.
- Jan. 14: Snowshoe-lacing workshop, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Visitor Center, Whitehorse Hill National Game Preserve near Devils Lake. Minimum number of participants is 12, with a maximum of 18. Fee $150 at time of sign-up. For more information, check out the Friends of White Horse Hill Facebook page.