Ice fishing shows, Game and Fish Advisory Board meetings, coming up on Outdoors Calendar
To get an event in the Outdoors Calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 1148 or by email at email@example.com. Deadline is 5 p.m. Wednesdays.
To get an event in the Outdoors calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 1148 or by email at
. Deadline is 5 p.m. Wednesdays.
- Nov. 18-20: Hard Water Ice Fishing Expo, National Sports Center, 1700 105th Ave. NE, Blaine, Minn. Show hours 2 to 8 p.m. Nov. 18, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 19 and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 20. Info: nscsports.org/hardwaterexpo.
- Dec. 2-4: St. Paul Ice Fishing and Winter Sports Show, St. Paul RiverCentre, 175 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul. Regular show hours 1 to 8 p.m. Dec. 2, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Dec. 3 and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 4. Info: st.paulicefishingshow.com.
- Dec. 9-11: Fargo Ice Fishing Show, Scheels Arena, 5225 31st Ave. S., Fargo. Show hours noon to 7:30 p.m. Dec. 9, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Dec. 10 and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 11. Info: fargoicefishingshow.com.
- Jan. 21-22: 2023 Clam Trap Attack virtual ice fishing tournament, 12:10 a.m. CST on Jan. 21 through 11:59 p.m. CST on Jan. 29. Open to anyone in the U.S. or Canada targeting northern pike, walleyes, sunfish, yellow perch, crappies and lake trout. Registration fee is $10, and tournament will be run throug the Fish Donkey app, available for Apple and Android phones. More info: clamoutdoors.com/trapattacktournament.
North Dakota Game and Fish Advisory Board
The North Dakota Game and Fish Department has scheduled its fall series of advisory board meetings across the state. The department is mandated to hold the public meetings twice a year in each of the state's eight advisory board districts. The meeting for District 7 will be streamed live at 7 p.m. Nov. 30 on the Game and Fish website at gf.nd.gov. Upcoming meetings are as follows:
- Nov. 21: District 1 (Divide, McKenzie and Williams counties), 7 p.m., Community Center, Tioga, N.D. Peaceful Valley Pheasants Forever is host. Info: Kelci Hanson, (701) 641-2097; advisory board member is Beau Wisness, Keene, N.D.
- Nov. 22: District 6 (Barnes, Dickey, Foster, Griggs, Logan, LaMoure, McIntosh, Stutsman and Wells counties), 7 p.m., Eagles Club, 345 12th Ave. NE, Valley City, N.D. Barnes County Wildlife Federation is host. Info: Perry Kapaun, (701) 490-1797; advisory board member is Cody Sand, Ashley, N.D.
- Nov. 23: District 8 (Adams, Billings, Bowman, Dunn, Golden Valley, Hettinger, Slope and Stark counties), 7 p.m., Choice Financial Bank, 201 Main St. N., Belfield, N.D. Belfield Sportsmen’s Club is host. Info: Thumper Braun, (701) 575-6674; advisory board member is Rob Brooks, Rhame, N.D.
- Nov. 28: District 5 (Cass, Ransom, Richland, Sargent, Steele and Traill counties), 7 p.m., Community Center, 14497 42nd St. SE, Embden, N.D. Four Corners Wildlife Club is host. Info: Kyle Schultz, (701) 361-7429; advisory board member is Doug Madsen, Harwood, N.D.
- Nov. 29: District 2 (Bottineau, Burke, McHenry, Mountrail, Pierce, Renville and Ward counties), 7 p.m., Mountrail South Complex, 8103 61st St. NW, Stanley, N.D. North Dakota Fur Hunters and Trappers Association is host. Info: Chris Pulver, (701) 629-1475; advisory board member is Travis Leier, Velva, N.D.
- Nov. 30: District 7 (Burleigh, Emmons, Grant, Kidder, McLean, Mercer, Morton, Oliver, Sheridan and Sioux counties), 7 p.m., Game and Fish Main Office, 100 N. Bismarck Expressway, Bismarck. Meeting also will be streamed live on the Game and Fish website at gf.nd.gov. Dakota Pheasants Forever is host. Contact and advisory board member: Jody Sommer, Mandan, (701) 527-2295.
- Dec. 5: District 3 (Benson, Cavalier, Eddy, Ramsey, Rolette and Towner counties), 7 p.m., Eagles Club, 7 Eighth St. S., New Rockford, N.D. Eddy County Rod and Gun Club is host. Info: Duane Duda, (701) 302-0510; advisory board member is Edward Dosch, Devils Lake.
- Dec. 6: District 4 (Grand Forks, Nelson, Pembina and Walsh counties), 7 p.m., American Legion Club, 701 Main St. W., Cavalier, N.D. Pembina County and Area Sportsmen’s Club is host. Info: Roger Furstenau, (701) 265-2960; advisory board member is Bruce Ellertson, Lakota, N.D.
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources is continuing its series of hunting, fishing and outdoor learning webinars this summer. The webinars, which are free, begin at noon Wednesdays, and pre-registration is required at
. Webinars also are recorded and available online. Upcoming webinars are as follows:
- Nov. 23: "Minnesota State Park Opportunities." Sara Joy Berhow from DNR Parks and Trails will look at what's happening in Minnesota state parks and how people can get active in enjoying them.
- Nov. 30: "Fishing for Northern Pike." Bethany Bethke, DNR fisheries research scientist and coordinator of the Northern Pike Technical Committee, will highlight research, harvest regs and tips and techniques for catching pike.
- Jan. 14: Snowshoe-lacing workshop, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Visitor Center, Whitehorse Hill National Game Preserve near Devils Lake. Minimum number of participants is 12, with a maximum of 18. Fee $150 at time of sign-up. For more information, check out the Friends of White Horse Hill Facebook page.