USHL hockey: Hat trick stalls Force rally against Tri-City

Tri-City's Kieran Cebrian scored two of his three goals in the third period and the Storm held off Fargo on Thursday.

fargo force logo.jpg
We are part of The Trust Project.

FARGO — Tri-City's Kieran Cebrian scored two of his three goals in the third period and the Storm held off the Fargo Force 5-4 on Thursday at Scheels Arena.

The Force led 2-1 after the first period. After Tri-City's Ryan Smith scored the game's first goal at 4:33, the Force's Anthony Menghini scored on the power play at 6:16 on an assist from Jacob Napier to tie it 1-1. Bret Link scored the first of his two goals at 9:18 on assists from Brasen Boser and Cole Knuble for a 2-1 Force lead.

But the Storm forged ahead in the second period on Cebrian's unassisted short-handed goal at 6:21, and Artemi Nizameyev's unassisted goal with four seconds left in the period.

The Force tied the game 3-3 at 3:03 of the third when Knuble set up Mac Swanson for his second goal of the season. But Cebrian put the Storm up 4-3 with a power play goal at 5:27, then completed the hat trick with a goal with four minutes to play that made it 5-3.

Link scored his second goal of the game at 17:02 on an assist from Joe Palodichuk.


The Force and Storm play the second and final game of their weekend series at 7:05 p.m. Friday, Nov. 4, at Scheels Arena.

Our newsroom occasionally reports stories under a byline of "staff." Often, the "staff" byline is used when rewriting basic news briefs that originate from official sources, such as a city press release about a road closure, and which require little or no reporting. At times, this byline is used when a news story includes numerous authors or when the story is formed by aggregating previously reported news from various sources. If outside sources are used, it is noted within the story.
What To Read Next
Area recreation scores and schedules.
Regional and local scores and schedules.
The Black Hawks trailed by two goals with just over six minutes left to play but rallied and upended Fargo in overtime on Saturday.
South Dakota State running away with regular season title